Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VilPel
Helper II
Helper II

Creating Dataverse for Teams environments and managing them

Hello Community,

I was wondering if it's possible to create an environment for Dataverse for Teams in the Power Platform admin center? Currently I don't find a way to do that.

dvforteams.png

Also, a follow-up question. Currently it's possible to upgrade from Dataverse for Teams to Dataverse. My development team has developed an app for the last 4 months in Dataverse but we are keen to move to Dataverse for Teams. Is there some kind of "downgrading" option so we wouldn't have to create all the tables from scratch etc?

Thank you, 

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @VilPel,

As mentioned here, you can only create a Dataverse for Teams environment within the Teams interface.

Unfortunately there is no way to formally downgrade from Dataverse to Dataverse for Teams, only the other way around (upgrade to Dataverse).

What you can do is move customizations between Dataverse and Dataverse for Teams. Please note you can only import a subset of components as mentioned in the link. This will bring over the schema (tables, fields, etc.) but not the data. You'll need to use Power Automate or the Edit in Excel feature to bring the data over.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,542)