cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajesh365
Frequent Visitor

Database Capacity while creating new Environment

Hi All, 

I was trying to implement a Demo ALM by creating 3 environments and since an environment creation requires at least 1 GB of database capacity, procuring a Per User Power App license or buying Add On Database capacity would be needed in the scenario. 

I tried adding the Free Trial of Per User license which have a 30 day trial of 25 licenses. However, it has not added the database capacity while I look in the admin center(https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/resources/capacity) . Its been an hour since I added the trial per user license. 

So just wanted to check, does not the trial per user license provide the database capacity ?

Database Capacity.png

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerPuffKK
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @Rajesh365 ,

Unfortunately since the licensing model changed last year, trial licenses no longer allocate Dataverse capacity. 

You will need to either purchase the license or a Dataverse add on through the M365 admin centre. Please note that Dataverse is still called Common Data Service in the M365 admin portal, and it's actually cheaper to procure Per User licenses than purchasing a Dataverse add on.

IF this answer helps, please mark it as a solution to help future forum visitors 😊

Thank you

Kristine

PowerPuffKK_0-1653846098359.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PowerPuffKK
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @Rajesh365 ,

Unfortunately since the licensing model changed last year, trial licenses no longer allocate Dataverse capacity. 

You will need to either purchase the license or a Dataverse add on through the M365 admin centre. Please note that Dataverse is still called Common Data Service in the M365 admin portal, and it's actually cheaper to procure Per User licenses than purchasing a Dataverse add on.

IF this answer helps, please mark it as a solution to help future forum visitors 😊

Thank you

Kristine

PowerPuffKK_0-1653846098359.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,823)