cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lynnem

Dataflow Primary Key

I have created a dataflow with a SQL Connection. Every time I run the dataflow I receive an error that my primary key cannot be created because it is a duplicate.  I delete the Primary Key and continue to get the same error.  How can I avoid getting this error continually when I have recreated the primary key.  I have deleted the flow and connection after recreating the key and still get the error when processing the newly created dataflow and connection. 

1 REPLY 1
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @lynnem,

That's most likely because the records are not cleared in the destination Dataverse table, so every time the dataflow runs it tries to insert duplicates. In the Dataflow, enable the option "Delete rows that no longer exists".

EricRegnier_0-1607146815688.png Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,189)