cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiwiz
Regular Visitor

Default Environment

I am new to power apps and we are currently setting up our governance and deployment structure before we allow employees to be able to access and create power apps. One thing I am stuck on is our Power apps default environment appears to be a Dynamics365 instance.  Is this correct? should the default environment be a Dynamics365 instance? My thinking is it shouldn't as you can not restrict users from creating apps/flows in the default environment and we don't really want them to be creating within the same environment as Dynamics365.

If it shouldn't be a Dynamics365 Instance is there a way to make it a normal power apps production environment?

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RoryL
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Kiwiz,

Unfortunately there is no way to remove the CDS database for the default environment specifically. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rory

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoryL
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Kiwiz,

The environment will show as “Dynamics365Instance” anytime a Common Data Service database created for an environment. So although the default environment says Dynamics365Instance, it is still a default Power Apps environment.

Thank you,

Rory

Kiwiz
Regular Visitor

Thanks Rory, is there a way to remove the CDS after it has been created in the default environment ( the CDS contains no information)

RoryL
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Kiwiz,

Unfortunately there is no way to remove the CDS database for the default environment specifically. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rory

View solution in original post

summitb
Power Participant
Power Participant

Default environment shouldn't used it for production. Infact don't use it for anything. Create separate instance for everything.

If you want to read more on default environment Read here 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (104,522)