cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Default Environment

I am new to power apps and we are currently setting up our governance and deployment structure before we allow employees to be able to access and create power apps. One thing I am stuck on is our Power apps default environment appears to be a Dynamics365 instance.  Is this correct? should the default environment be a Dynamics365 instance? My thinking is it shouldn't as you can not restrict users from creating apps/flows in the default environment and we don't really want them to be creating within the same environment as Dynamics365.

If it shouldn't be a Dynamics365 Instance is there a way to make it a normal power apps production environment?

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Default Environment

Hi Kiwiz,

Unfortunately there is no way to remove the CDS database for the default environment specifically. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rory

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Kiwiz,

The environment will show as “Dynamics365Instance” anytime a Common Data Service database created for an environment. So although the default environment says Dynamics365Instance, it is still a default Power Apps environment.

Thank you,

Rory

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks Rory, is there a way to remove the CDS after it has been created in the default environment ( the CDS contains no information)

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Kiwiz,

Unfortunately there is no way to remove the CDS database for the default environment specifically. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rory

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (11,503)