cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Default Environment

I am new to power apps and we are currently setting up our governance and deployment structure before we allow employees to be able to access and create power apps. One thing I am stuck on is our Power apps default environment appears to be a Dynamics365 instance.  Is this correct? should the default environment be a Dynamics365 instance? My thinking is it shouldn't as you can not restrict users from creating apps/flows in the default environment and we don't really want them to be creating within the same environment as Dynamics365.

If it shouldn't be a Dynamics365 Instance is there a way to make it a normal power apps production environment?

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Kiwiz,

Unfortunately there is no way to remove the CDS database for the default environment specifically. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rory

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Kiwiz,

The environment will show as “Dynamics365Instance” anytime a Common Data Service database created for an environment. So although the default environment says Dynamics365Instance, it is still a default Power Apps environment.

Thank you,

Rory

Regular Visitor

Thanks Rory, is there a way to remove the CDS after it has been created in the default environment ( the CDS contains no information)

Community Support
Community Support

Hi Kiwiz,

Unfortunately there is no way to remove the CDS database for the default environment specifically. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rory

View solution in original post

Power Participant
Power Participant

Default environment shouldn't used it for production. Infact don't use it for anything. Create separate instance for everything.

If you want to read more on default environment Read here 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Users online (57,203)