cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IrnBruMuffin
Helper I
Helper I

Delivering PA to company devices

Hello apologies unsure how to word this really.

What is the method used to deploy PA to an estate of devices? I am not part of our tech team so this may seem simple and meeting with them tomorrow to discuss, though how are we to deploy PA to a large number of devices. The tech team have asked for the file to deploy OTA.. 

Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
dinusc
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @IrnBruMuffin,

Are you asking about deploying the PowerApps Studio app or the PowerApps applications?

PowerApps Studio application is delivered via app stores to mobile devices. 

PowerApps applications are updated as soon as the author publishes a new version. The end user does not need to do anything specifically in order to get the update.

Does this answer your question?

Yeah sorry how the PowerApps Studio container application is delivered to devices.

I understand that you download it from the app store though is there no other way that we can have a hold of the physical APK to be able to install over the air rather than user's physcially installing from the app store?

Apologies my first time doing something like this though seems like there is a way you would roll it out like a kiosk version.

I don't think there's a way to provision the PowerApps studio as an APK file. Please note however that when an application is shared with a user within an organization, that user will receive a notification email and will be prompted to download the Studio if he/she did not do so already. 

Ok I understand, seems abit silly to me. For in my example I have devices that are used in stores and apps we use on these devices we can install over the air as we don't want to leave that to a colleaugue within a store to to have to go into play store, log in and install. 

I'll raise an idea but would still love to hear how others handle this as I cant be the first.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,122)