cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Did PowerApps Seriously Remove the "Add to Home Screen" feature?

I am running the most recent version of iOS.  I was in the app the other day and I noticed that I couldn't add the app to my home screen.  Instead I can "add a shortcut to siri" which is completely useless for myself and the company I work for.  Please tell me I'm just missing something...

4 REPLIES 4
Power Participant
Power Participant

The android version still have Pin to home feature. Completely useless if that's the case.

Regular Visitor

It's still possible to add a desktop icon for a Power App. First you have to create a shortcut with Siri, and then open the "Shortcuts" app. Tap the ellipsis icon next to your Siri shortcut (in this example, "Directorate App"):

IMG_0158.PNG

and then again on the next screen.

IMG_0159.PNG
On the "Details" screen there is an "Add to Home Screen" link.

IMG_0160.PNG

Frequent Visitor

The issue we have is the logo of the Power App is needed in the pinned button, as it's a custom logo. This can't be done with this workaround using Siri, which only allows generic logos. Also, asking 1000+ app users to pin the app to their home screen through Power Apps was hard enough, doing it through this Siri method is not going to happen. The pinned button is more useful in our case, is there no way to get this feature in Power Apps any more?

AMEN!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (22,212)