cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salamander94
Helper IV
Helper IV

Did PowerApps Seriously Remove the "Add to Home Screen" feature?

I am running the most recent version of iOS.  I was in the app the other day and I noticed that I couldn't add the app to my home screen.  Instead I can "add a shortcut to siri" which is completely useless for myself and the company I work for.  Please tell me I'm just missing something...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jasondefaoite
Advocate I
Advocate I

When you reach the step "Add to Home Screen" and click that button, the next screen shows HOME SCREEN NAME AND ICON. Click on the icon of the app under HOME SCREEN NAME AND ICON and then Choose Photo, select your custom icon then click ADD.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
summitb
Super User
Super User

The android version still have Pin to home feature. Completely useless if that's the case.

frsbdg
Regular Visitor

It's still possible to add a desktop icon for a Power App. First you have to create a shortcut with Siri, and then open the "Shortcuts" app. Tap the ellipsis icon next to your Siri shortcut (in this example, "Directorate App"):

IMG_0158.PNG

and then again on the next screen.

IMG_0159.PNG
On the "Details" screen there is an "Add to Home Screen" link.

IMG_0160.PNG

albeadams
Frequent Visitor

The issue we have is the logo of the Power App is needed in the pinned button, as it's a custom logo. This can't be done with this workaround using Siri, which only allows generic logos. Also, asking 1000+ app users to pin the app to their home screen through Power Apps was hard enough, doing it through this Siri method is not going to happen. The pinned button is more useful in our case, is there no way to get this feature in Power Apps any more?

AMEN!

Jesus_Aguirre
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello everyone!

Yes, now with the update of iOS with siri, and when pin the app the logo does not appear as the icon, has someone been able to solve this?

Regards

Jasondefaoite
Advocate I
Advocate I

When you reach the step "Add to Home Screen" and click that button, the next screen shows HOME SCREEN NAME AND ICON. Click on the icon of the app under HOME SCREEN NAME AND ICON and then Choose Photo, select your custom icon then click ADD.

View solution in original post

Perfect it works you just have to adjust the size of the image, thank you very much @Jasondefaoite 

JA

tv50378
Frequent Visitor

I have the exact same issue. We cannot expect users to download "Shortcuts" app just for this then ask them to update the icon with a custom icon from their local Photos!

Please bring back the "pin to home" function and use the custom icon that is chosen when designing the app in the studio.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,525)