cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shell1
Regular Visitor

ELI5 the new pricing structure

Hi there

I'd like to preface this by saying I have read the Microsoft FAQs several times but conflicting advice online.

I work for a not for profit who have the 365 suite. We have a few apps for our internal processes. We do not use any Premium Connectors as the apps are very basic.  We only use SP as a connector.  From what I understand, its likely to be £3.50 ($5) per person per app per month from 1st Oct. We have never had to pay before this time as it seems to have been included in our 365 license (whatever this is.) However, still lots of comments online that this cost only applies if you use Premium Connections? 

Can someone please "Explain Like I'm 5" what we have to pay from 1st October for access to our 3 apps for a small team of 25 for non premium connections? We haven't had to pay anything yet (in UK so charges seem very recent). Going from £0 to anything for a NFP means we will likely have to cease using the platform. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Shell1,

You heard correct in that Power Apps per app or per user licenses are required for the use of premium connectors. The prices are simply being reduced by half price starting Oct 1st. If you are using standard connectors only, then you can simply ignore this since Microsoft 365 allows you to use the standard connectors for Power Apps and Power Automate. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks so much, your explanation was so clear -I wish the official documentation was!! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisPiasecki
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Shell1,

You heard correct in that Power Apps per app or per user licenses are required for the use of premium connectors. The prices are simply being reduced by half price starting Oct 1st. If you are using standard connectors only, then you can simply ignore this since Microsoft 365 allows you to use the standard connectors for Power Apps and Power Automate. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks so much, your explanation was so clear -I wish the official documentation was!! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (1,908)