cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wnguyen23
Level: Powered On

Editing Multiple/All Data Cards at once

Hello,

Does anyone know how we can edit multiple data cards at once?  I accidently did it but can't seem to replicate it.  I was able to edit the font, alightment, etc all at once.

Thank you

1.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
shailendra74
Level 10

Re: Editing Multiple/All Data Cards at once

Hi @wnguyen23 

Select second datacard and then first datacard for multi selection.  You can also select 3rd datacard and then 2nd datacard and so on.

Not sure why it is so 🙂

Thanks.

wnguyen23

@shailendra74 

I can select the data card but not the value inside for some reason, I am holding CTRL while doing so. 

shailendra74
Level 10

Hi @wnguyen23 

I doubt if we can select controls from different cards, but to your requirement, you can change the font size of second control to first control, so that any change in first control will reflect in other controls where the font property is set (per first one).

Eg. Change the Size of Control 2 to Control1.Size

Thanks.

wnguyen23

I was able to somehow select it, shown in the screenshot above.  Does that seem like a bug and not a feature at this time?

Thank you for your responses @shailendra74 

Super User
Super User

Hi @wnguyen23 

What you've shown in the screenshot there is selecting multiple DataCards, not the DataCardValues. If you select one DataCard then use Ctrl+A you can select all DataCards, however there is currently no way to select more than one Value within multiple Cards.

Kind Regards,

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
wnguyen23

Hello @iAm_ManCat ,

Is there a way to replicate what I did?  I am unable to do so with the provided instructions, is it a bug?  I was able to edit multiple DataCardValues after it was selected in my screenshot.  

Thank you,

William

Super User
Super User

I think what you experienced was a lucky bug unfortunately Cat Sad

You can select more than one DataCard (the parent container), but even trying to select more than one DataCardValue within another DataCard simultaneously is not possible currently.

I agree with @shailendra74 in terms of setting all the other cards as relative values dependent on the original card.

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,109)