cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Environment Settings button in Admin Center missing

Hello all,

I was about to change some environment settings in de admin center, following this tut: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/geospatial-overview#enable-the-geospati...

But the settings button is missing in the admin center:

Schermafbeelding 2020-09-25 163307.png

I'm using the admin account here. What could be the cause?

Any advice would be very appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: r Re: Environment Settings button in Admin Center missing

Hi @PiebePost ,

Due to the Dutch, I just fount out that the environment you mentioned haven't generated a CDS data base, right?  This is problem!

All environment settings and roles are based on the environment in which the CDS has been created.

Please first to create a CDS database for environment, and assign the SA role for you.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Environment Settings button in Admin Center missing

Hi @PiebePost1 ,

What does the admin account you referred mean?

It is System Administrator security role that can have full permission to administer the environment. Please make sure the System Administrator of that environment has been assigned to you.

If this issue still exists, please consider clearing all cache and cookies of your browser or changing other browsers.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

r Re: Environment Settings button in Admin Center missing

Thanks for your reply @v-siky-msft!

I assumed that being an Office 365 admin would automatically make me a kind of Power Platform administrator too, but that was probably an incorrect assumption.

Probably, my account has no system administrator role. However, I'm unable to check it: The header "security roles" is missing too in my environments, even when my account is assigned as environment administrator.

I'm completely clueless now..

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PiebePost ,

Do you mean you have contacted to the Admin of Power Platform to assign the System Administrator Role to you?

Can you see any ribbon buttons in other environments? I just want to confirm whether this issue only happens in all environment? 

If you can't find any ribbon buttons in all environments that you have enough permissions, it could be a browsers issue. Please clear all browser cache and cookies or change another browsers.

Sik

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @v-siky-msft

A pic says more than 1000 words.

In another tenant, I the header "security roles" (in Dutch: "Beveiligingsrollen") is showing:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/9387/1HRT5i.png

But in the tenant I'm working in right now, none of the environments shows this header:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/8603/bxbqut.png 

I'm pretty sure this is not a browser error, I cleared all caches and tried this on multiple PC's.

In the meantime I made a test using the MS Flow "Power Platform for Admins" connector, with the "List environment roles" action. It turned out that there is no system administrator in this environment?

[
  {
    "id": "/providers/Microsoft.BusinessAppPlatform/scopes/admin/environments/Default-eb01ada7-d312-4415-bc9f-4b10f5d59ae0/roleAssignments/6863c23b-2732-46af-9242-fe85dc4fd13f",
    "type": "Microsoft.BusinessAppPlatform/scopes/environments/roleAssignments",
    "name": "6863c23b-2732-46af-9242-fe85dc4fd13f",
    "properties": {
      "scope": "/providers/Microsoft.BusinessAppPlatform/environments/Default-eb01ada7-d312-4415-bc9f-4b10f5d59ae0",
      "roleDefinition": {
        "id": "/providers/Microsoft.BusinessAppPlatform/scopes/admin/environments/Default-eb01ada7-d312-4415-bc9f-4b10f5d59ae0/roleDefinitions/EnvironmentAdmin",
        "type": "Microsoft.BusinessAppPlatform/scopes/environments/roleDefinitions",
        "name": "EnvironmentAdmin"
      },
      "principal": {
        "id": "824c53cf-24b1-4bb4-8952-7c596e02389d",
        "displayName": "DCAdmin",
        "type": "User",
        "tenantId": "eb01ada7-d312-4415-bc9f-4b10f5d59ae0"
      }
    }
  },
  {
    "id": "/providers/Microsoft.BusinessAppPlatform/scopes/admin/environments/Default-eb01ada7-d312-4415-bc9f-4b10f5d59ae0/roleAssignments/2feb7152-e5ac-4b6f-adb8-68cc57bc5d93",
    "name": "2feb7152-e5ac-4b6f-adb8-68cc57bc5d93",
      "scope": "/providers/Microsoft.BusinessAppPlatform/environments/Default-eb01ada7-d312-4415-bc9f-4b10f5d59ae0",
        "id": "/providers/Microsoft.BusinessAppPlatform/scopes/admin/environments/Default-eb01ada7-d312-4415-bc9f-4b10f5d59ae0/roleDefinitions/EnvironmentAdmin",
        "name": "EnvironmentAdmin"
      },
        "id": "ef26cfe2-00f9-4f63-bcee-c10d6301753f",
        "displayName": "#Anonymous#",
        "email": "Anonymous@Anonymous.nl",
        "type": "User",
      }
    }
  },
  {
    "id": "/providers/Microsoft.BusinessAppPlatform/scopes/admin/environments/Default-eb01ada7-d312-4415-bc9f-4b10f5d59ae0/roleAssignments/35ac0740-0eb9-4347-9f18-3995f8dac1fa",
    "name": "35ac0740-0eb9-4347-9f18-3995f8dac1fa",
        "id": "/providers/Microsoft.BusinessAppPlatform/scopes/admin/environments/Default-eb01ada7-d312-4415-bc9f-4b10f5d59ae0/roleDefinitions/EnvironmentMaker",
        "name": "EnvironmentMaker"
      },
        "type": "Tenant",
      }
    }
  }
]

It only shows EnvironmentMakers and EnvironmentAdmins. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PiebePost ,

Due to the Dutch, I just fount out that the environment you mentioned haven't generated a CDS data base, right?  This is problem!

All environment settings and roles are based on the environment in which the CDS has been created.

Please first to create a CDS database for environment, and assign the SA role for you.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Yeah, that's it. Thank you so much @v-siky-msft !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (6,729)