Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Environment choices for user

Hello All,

I have an interesting issue with Environment visibility. I have only just started configuring environments, so this may be something simple. I have configured a new environment, added a Security Group and some apps. The apps are shared appropriately and if I send a URL link to a person in the Group, it opens and operates perfectly for them.

However in their Power Apps main view screen, they do not get any choice in the Environment drop-down at top right other than the Default and therefore cannot see a list of their apps. I have tried giving a test user various Security Roles, but this has not solved the issue. What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @365-Assist ,

Yes, I tried Environment Maker, however it solved itself a short while ago with the user entering Power Apps from make.powerapps.com environments instead of create.powerapps.com studio. Weird, but it now works. Thanks for your response.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
365-Assist
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I know you tried different Security Groups however have you tried Environment Maker just to see what happens? This Doc may give you more insights Configure user security in an environment - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs.

Hi @365-Assist ,

Yes, I tried Environment Maker, however it solved itself a short while ago with the user entering Power Apps from make.powerapps.com environments instead of create.powerapps.com studio. Weird, but it now works. Thanks for your response.

SteveFeldman
Helper I
Helper I

Are the security groups for Power App and Power Automate separate.  Several users report that they can see the desired environment in Power Automate, but not in Power Apps.  Sometime we can reach it using make.powerapps.com, and at other times we see the Sorry, there's been a disconnect

Security Groups are environment based (not product based). 

The error Sorry, there's been a disconnect usually means there is a technical problem. Could be a Browser issue or connection issue.

Here is an article I found that could help Power Apps Guide - What to do when we see the error - "Sorry, there's been a disconnect" - Power App...

SteveFeldman
Helper I
Helper I

Thank  you for your reply.  

As environments are security based, if an environment show in Power Automate, but not Power Apps, I am thinking that difference security roles affect what a user sees.  It would seem that an Environment Makers should see the environment in both app, which is not the case here.  Is this role sufficient, or do we need to consider another role, such as System Customizer?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (1,828)