Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattyn07
Helper II
Helper II

Error installing COE Starter Kit

I am having an issue installing the COE starter kit:

The solution file is invalid. The compressed file must contain the following files at its root: solution.xml, customizations.xml, and [Content_Types].xml. Customization files exported from previous versions of Microsoft Dynamics 365 are not supported.

Any ideas? Its the latest solution file (have redownloaded twice)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @mattyn07 

What is the name of the file your are importing? Are you importing the whole Zip file that was downloaded? I suspect you might be. Inside of the zip file you download for COE there are a bunch of solution (zip) files. You should be unzipping the parent file and importing the individual solution files in the order that is described in the COE documentation.

If this is not the issue it would be good if you could send the name of the solution you a trying to import.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mattyn07
Helper II
Helper II

Potential Wave 1 release issue? We had some "teething" issue on a few Power Apps that we had to amend since we accepted the changes in our test environment

HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @mattyn07 

What is the name of the file your are importing? Are you importing the whole Zip file that was downloaded? I suspect you might be. Inside of the zip file you download for COE there are a bunch of solution (zip) files. You should be unzipping the parent file and importing the individual solution files in the order that is described in the COE documentation.

If this is not the issue it would be good if you could send the name of the solution you a trying to import.

Balacbe

Hi ,

am facing similar issue while importing COE startup kit (CenterofExcellenceCoreComponents) . I have all admin rights & pre-requites are done . Attached my SS. Please help on this. 

Hi @Balacbe ,

From your screenshot the error looks like you are importing the parent zip file which the solution zip file is contained in. 

What is the exact name of the file that you are importing?

It should be similar to the one highlighted in my screenshot below

HSheild_0-1632818188132.png

Admin56

@HSheild I also have this same issue... could it be something relating to this is the issue message: from previous versions of Microsoft Dynamics 365 are not supported.?

pabloperalta
Frequent Visitor

@mattyn07  where are you importing the solution?

Just in case, if you're trying to import CoE solution in a Dataverse for Teams environment you may experience that issue. You should import the "Teams" version of it.

If that's not the case, have you tried with an earlier version?

Hope it helps.

PP

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,072)