cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "The import file is too large" if a Solution contains Canvas App

Whenever ANY Canvas App (even the simplest one) is attached in a Solution, once imported the solution to a new environment it results with error "The import file is too large".
I tried:
- create canvas app inside a solution
- create canvas app outside solution and add as existing one
- run Check for Issues (no errors)
- publish app
- export solution as managed
- export solution as unmanaged

Nothing from above helped.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error: "The import file is too large" if a Solution contains Canvas App

Hi @Mike_Guzowski ,

I just tested with this and cannot reproduce your issue. I created a new canvas app in a solution and exported it as managed. Then I was able to import it to another environment successfully. Would you please try to create a new solution and then create a new canvas app in it to test again?

Are you importing the Default Solution? This kind of solutions can only be imported to the environment from which you exported it, but not into a different environment.

If the import isn’t successful, you will see a report showing any errors or warnings that were captured. Select Download Log File to capture details about what caused the import to fail. The most common cause for an import to fail is that the solution did not contain some required components.

When you download the log file, you will find an XML file that you can open using Office Excel to view the contents.

Note

You can’t edit an active routing rule set. Therefore, if you’re importing a solution that includes an active routing rule set into an environment where the rule already exists with the same ID, the import will fail. More information: Create rules to automatically route cases

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
mwoelzmueller
Level: Powered On

Hi I have the same issue since nearly 4-5 days (everything worked fine until then)

What I tested so far and received same error....

Tenant = T

Environment in Tenant = E

T1 E1 --> T2 E1

T1 E1 --> T3 E1

T2 E1 --> T1 E1

T2 E1 --> T3 E1

T3 E1 --> T1 E1

T1 E1 --> T1 E2

T1 E2 --> T1 E1

After having the issue with a more complex solution (1 Canvas App, 9 Custom CDS Entities, 2 Security Roles) quickly created a new solution (in T1,2,3), just including 1 all new canvas app with 2 labels and 1 button + 1 CDS Entity with 2 fields and tried to move that around. Same error on all variations.

Could someone please kindly follow up on that issue? I could provide logfile if necessary.

I really depend on that functionality.

Many Thanks

BR

Martin

I've raised a support ticket with high priority last thursday. I'll give you update here as soon as I get the response.

@mwoelzmueller 

I've just got response from support team:
(...) I have got an update from the back-end team. This is a known issue that we're rolling out a fix for, with the Bug ID: 1556566. Unfortunately, there is no workaround at the moment. 

But there are lot of dependencies due to which it takes long time and sometimes it becomes extremely hard for us to define an ETA even though we have a road map for the fix deployement.(...)

Although it's not a fix I'm happy for the message.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,813)