cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marty_Dub
Helper II
Helper II

Export user list

Has anyone found a way to export a list of users assigned to an app which doesn't involve having to use Powershell?  I don't have sys admin rights on our network (thus they won't give me Powershell access) however am responsible for 50+ apps spanning thousands of users.  Keeping track of who has access to what is doing my head in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Marty_Dub ,

Is the output a PowerShell object? If so you should be able to pipe the object out to JSON using  | ConvertTo-Json. Once the output is JSON than you should be able to work with the object

• Copy the JSON output to your clipboard or somewhere
  • Edit your flow, add a parse JSON action step
  • Generate a schema by pasting in the JSON output.
  • You can now work with the output of parse JSON action like other attributes from your other flow steps.
  • The output should have an array, so you can add an Apply to Each step.
  • Within the apply to each you can add a Compose action to form a row with just the attributes you want to include in your export.
  • Within the apply to each you can use the Excel Online connector and its Add a row into a table action, using the output of the Compose action step. Note you'll need to create this Excel file / table ahead of time so you can use it as a template (you can use the OneDrive or SharePoint create a file action to create a copy of the Excel template prior to populating it with the data).

Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@Marty_Dub,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to get all the users who are assigned to an app?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Actually, PowerShell does have an available command you can use to get a list of Power Apps app owners and users.

Get-PowerAppRoleAssignment -AppName "AppID of PowerApp"

Since you do not have access to it, just ignore this.

If you want to get a list of Power Apps app owners and users in Power Apps, I am afraid that there is no direct way to achieve this currently.

Here is a similar idea you can vote for:

Ability to export shared users name - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

As an alternative solution, you could get a list of shared user here:

(choose an app -> choose ...->choose Share)mmm.png

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Marty_Dub,

To add to @v-qiaqi-msft's response, if you are restricted with PowerShell on the local machine, you could look at using an Azure Runbook to run PowerShell cmdlets. You can then then invoke the Runbook in a Power Automate flow since there is a connector available today.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @ChrisPiasecki  - that's amazing, thank you. I've successfully created the flow and am seeing an output which is encouraging.  What would be the easiest way to convert this output into a CSV do you think?  I'm currently just getting a web page full of a raw data dump which doesn't concert over as simply as I thought it would.

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Marty_Dub ,

Is the output a PowerShell object? If so you should be able to pipe the object out to JSON using  | ConvertTo-Json. Once the output is JSON than you should be able to work with the object

• Copy the JSON output to your clipboard or somewhere
  • Edit your flow, add a parse JSON action step
  • Generate a schema by pasting in the JSON output.
  • You can now work with the output of parse JSON action like other attributes from your other flow steps.
  • The output should have an array, so you can add an Apply to Each step.
  • Within the apply to each you can add a Compose action to form a row with just the attributes you want to include in your export.
  • Within the apply to each you can use the Excel Online connector and its Add a row into a table action, using the output of the Compose action step. Note you'll need to create this Excel file / table ahead of time so you can use it as a template (you can use the OneDrive or SharePoint create a file action to create a copy of the Excel template prior to populating it with the data).

Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,064)