cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DWD76
Frequent Visitor

Exporting apps related resources not viewable

I've seen similar threads about this but no clear solution so I thought I'd see if anyone has any other input on it.

I created a sample app( using a sample exercise in the microsoft documentation)  that creates an entry in a table (accounts) and then triggers a flow that sends an email.  

However, when I try to export the app, none of the related resources show up.   Shouldn't the flow and connections used in the app be viewable when creating the export package as related resources?  They are also not viewable whenever I look at the app details in the apps interface. 

This would be a huge problem if you were doing migrations to a different environment or tenant and you cannot collect all the related components of the app.   Any ideas as to why this is occurring?  There are demo videos where these are clearly visible.  Here's an example. 

https://youtu.be/XeMj0Ywf3UM

I saw one suggestion is to add everything to a solution, but if you don't know the related components and you are migrating to a new tenant or environment, how is it possible to know that they need to be added?  The related resources or required components options in the interface should tell you right?

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

4 REPLIES 4
DWD76
Frequent Visitor

Just thought I'd bump this one more time and see if anyone had any input. Thanks!

HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @DWD76 

Are you exporting the app directly or within a solution? Maybe share a screenshot of what you are seeing.

The way to package all related components together for export/import is through Solutions. The easiest way to work with solutions and to ensure all of your components are there are to create them from within the solution. Once components are in a solution there is an option to see the dependencies of that component.

I hope that makes sense

HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @DWD76 

Are you exporting the app directly or within a solution? Maybe share a screenshot of what you are seeing.

The way to package all related components together for export/import is through Solutions. The easiest way to work with solutions and to ensure all of your components are there are to create them from within the solution. Once components are in a solution there is an option to see the dependencies of that component.

I hope that makes sense

DeviKrishna
Super User
Super User

Hello @DWD76 ,

Please follow the below steps,

1. Login to https://make.powerapps.com

2. Navigate to Solutions-> New Solution->Give the Name, Publisher and version and create a solution.

3. Now add all the components that are used by clicking on Add Existing Component.

4. Once done, publish all customizations and click on Export. Export it as Unmanaged or Managed Solutions.

DeviKrishna_0-1643279276879.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

My Blog: Dynamics 365 Key Topics – https://d365topicsbydk.com/

My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxSIryP2ah2VpEFr-Z72t1A

Regards
Devi

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,473)