cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andre4

Flow not working on shared canvas-app

Hi, I've only started using PowerApps this week so I'm a bit green here! Going to the topic, I've created a very basic canvas-app with one text input, a button and another text input.

When the user clicks the button, it will trigger a flow with the first text input and the outcome of that flow is returned and placed on the second text input. This is working fine. The issue is I've shared this canvas-app with my colleague and he can open the app, but he gets an error because of the flow.

image.png

If I give share with him the cloud flow (which makes him an owner) he can run the app fine as well. This is not ideal because I don't want to share the cloud flow to 500+ people on my company. I just want them to use the app without having to raise access requests.

How can I make the app use flows and everyone that I share my app can use it, even if they are not owners of the cloud flow? Me and my colleague have the same license type (as well most of my company colleagues)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andre4

I truly apologise for this. I was now further testing and checking other options inside my flow, and it seems that if the HTTP request inside the flow returns not a 200, my app was not programmed to handle it. This was the reason why the user was getting that error. The permissions I gave further don't have to do anything with this. The user simply was typing a wrong text input, so when the flow ran, it returned the 502 and the app didn't know what to do with it.

I've removed all my colleagues permissions and just shared the app normally and with the correct input, the app is working as expected.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kierian
Community Support
Community Support

Hello 

Can you checking following document 

Share resources used in your canvas app - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Can you share session id from affected user and app monitor logs?

Have a good day

Andre4

Thanks for the reply. I did read that before I posted here. But the information there just says this:

"Flows

If you share an app that includes a flow, users who run the app will be prompted to confirm or update any connections on which the flow relies. In addition, only the person who created the flow can customize its parameters. For example, you can create a flow that sends mail to an address that you specify, but other users can’t change that address."

My flow doesn't have any connections. It's just an HTTP request call and returning a variable with the result of that HTTP call. Further to that it doesn't explain how can I make users use my app, without having to give them ownership of the flow.

Please see attached the zip file containing the json with the logs from his session from the monitoring session. The image below shows the error on the data source. That data source is the cloud flow.

Andre4_1-1619077123671.png

Andre4

I truly apologise for this. I was now further testing and checking other options inside my flow, and it seems that if the HTTP request inside the flow returns not a 200, my app was not programmed to handle it. This was the reason why the user was getting that error. The permissions I gave further don't have to do anything with this. The user simply was typing a wrong text input, so when the flow ran, it returned the 502 and the app didn't know what to do with it.

I've removed all my colleagues permissions and just shared the app normally and with the correct input, the app is working as expected.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,237)