Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenF19
Helper II
Helper II

Forcing App Updates

Hello,

Am I missing something or is there no way to force app updates? We've got users who haven't updated their powerapps version in over 2 months and it's been a huge issue trying to teach some of our not tech-savvy users how to completely close out of Powerapps, reopen our app, and hit the update banner. We're now receiving incomplete data because apps are out of date.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I feel like we're missing something because this should be pretty basic functionality.

21 REPLIES 21
JasonWS
Frequent Visitor

Two years later and this is still a problem. To add even further strife to the situation, the notification banner for the update is half-covered by the notch in the last few years of iOS phones. iOS keeps the PowerApps app in memory for quite some time, so it shouldn't be down to the user's responsibility to force-close the app, relaunch the PowerApp within the app, then click the "update" banner.

If a user never force-closes the app and instead switches back to it via the phone/device's task-manager, then they will never know there is a new version.

See my approach and tell me if it works for your applications. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (3,808)