Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinlaukkanen
Advocate I
Advocate I

Guest user Model-driven Power App license requirement

Hi, 

I'm looking for some clear guidance on this question: "Can guest users use their own Power Apps per User license to access a Model-Driven Power App in another tenant as a guest?"

The Microsoft FAQ specifies that specifically for Canvas Apps they can. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq#what-license-must... 

But there is no mention of Model-driven apps. 

I have tested this myself and it does not seem to work. But strangely in Power Platform Admin Center when I Run diagnostics on my guest user I get all green ticks (including the one for license). However when I run App Access Checker I get a red cross for license. 

Any clear guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @martinlaukkanen,

Have you set the user up with any security roles in the environment? Users must be assigned at least one role to access the environment.

Have a read through documentation on how to share a model driven app.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

martinlaukkanen
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Chris,

Yes for brevity I left out some details, the guest user has a role that is shared with the app. And on the guest user's tenant the user has a Power Apps per User license as well as an E5 license. But no licenses at all in the target tenant.

We setup a second test scenario where that user had exactly the same setup with licenses on the source tenant and app roles assigned, but we also assigned a Power Apps per User license on the target tenant and everything worked. (As to be expected)

Cheers,

Martin

ValentinMazhar
Advocate II
Advocate II

We are seeing the same behaviour
- For canvas Apps, the license on their home tenant seems sufficient for guests to use apps with non-dataverse connectors
- for model driven apps, the license in their home tenant does not allow them to use the App, although security roles are provided
there seems to be some lack of clarity on Microsoft docs for this specific case... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,315)