cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack0071
Frequent Visitor

Guest user licensing for non-premium app.

Hi,

I have a non-premium app that I would like to share with guest user.

Guest user is already added in Azure. 

Would it be enough to assign Office365 Business license to guest user, so he can access the app (without editing)?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jukka-niiranen
Super User
Super User

That should be enough. Also, if the user already has a sufficient license in his/her home tenant, then than would also cover the usage of the app in the tenant hosting the app. From the documentation:

• To access an app that doesn't connect to Dataverse, the guest user must have a license with Power Apps use rights that matches the capability of the app assigned through one of the following tenants:

• The tenant hosting the app being shared
    • The home tenant of the guest user

I tested this "bring your own license" scenario 3 years ago when writing this blog post: https://jukkaniiranen.com/2019/10/sharing-apps-is-caring/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jukka-niiranen
Super User
Super User

That should be enough. Also, if the user already has a sufficient license in his/her home tenant, then than would also cover the usage of the app in the tenant hosting the app. From the documentation:

• To access an app that doesn't connect to Dataverse, the guest user must have a license with Power Apps use rights that matches the capability of the app assigned through one of the following tenants:

• The tenant hosting the app being shared
    • The home tenant of the guest user

I tested this "bring your own license" scenario 3 years ago when writing this blog post: https://jukkaniiranen.com/2019/10/sharing-apps-is-caring/

Thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,672)