cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How could I safely remove a user from a PP Environment and which options are available to do this without adverse effects?

Hello,

I would like to remove everyone from an environment/s I have created but I find myself going in circles.

Unfortunately I only added a MS365 group to the created environment post creation. Having added a security group it hasn't created a Team record within the associated environment so I would assume these 2 are not related.

I cannot see the access tile as per MS documentation on Managing users in a Power Platform Environment  (even though I am a Global admin), neither do I see the Remove button. Environment Admin is no longer present as a security role either.

I want to remove all users from the 2 environments I have created (a few exempt) and re-add users within a security group to said environments. I am afraid that if I remove them in these environments I would remove them in all environments, default included (even though logically I think these user records are per environment).

If someone could shed some light in regard to this, it would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: How could I safely remove a user from a PP Environment and which options are available to do this without adverse effects?

Transition. 

The older and wonderfully in depth Dynamics 365 CE apps and XRM platform and all of it's fits and gaps is transitioning as more and more and more features from Azure get tightly entwined. This has been going on for the last 5 years or so. 

So understanding what is a fit, what is a gap and the why behind each little item is incredibly helpful and all the changes (if that is even possible). Some things change some don't so although I am fairly sure the old standard of we never remove users from an environment, we just deactivate them for a reason still holds, I suspect that there are enough use cases where we might want to remove users from an environment that change might have happened.

The other variable is that there are now about 25 different Azure Administrator levels and roles and new Azure interfaces.

Someone once said simplicity is on the other side of complexity .. we are just still in the mud of complexity.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: How could I safely remove a user from a PP Environment and which options are available to do this without adverse effects?

You can remove the roles from the user and deactivate all the users, but to ou can never remove users. This is a long standing design that eliminates the risk of orphan records in history. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ok, thank you for that and do you know if there is a particular reason as to why I cannot see certain things such as the Access Tile or where the Environment Admin role has gone?

Thank you,

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Transition. 

The older and wonderfully in depth Dynamics 365 CE apps and XRM platform and all of it's fits and gaps is transitioning as more and more and more features from Azure get tightly entwined. This has been going on for the last 5 years or so. 

So understanding what is a fit, what is a gap and the why behind each little item is incredibly helpful and all the changes (if that is even possible). Some things change some don't so although I am fairly sure the old standard of we never remove users from an environment, we just deactivate them for a reason still holds, I suspect that there are enough use cases where we might want to remove users from an environment that change might have happened.

The other variable is that there are now about 25 different Azure Administrator levels and roles and new Azure interfaces.

Someone once said simplicity is on the other side of complexity .. we are just still in the mud of complexity.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Excellent and thank you very much for your time.

I have been stuck in a world of MSCRM2011 and the firm has only recently adopted O365 which is now basically MS365 so I have had a steep learning curve and a healthy amount of catching up to do.

Monday I was looking through what was supposed to be roles and users entity records. The navigation and documentation did NOT add up. Wednesday I had another look and now everything is as per documentation. Either this was a very recent change as per depreciation of individual admin centres or something within my tenant (perhaps permissions) changed.

I have successfully been able to do what I want to with certain things (Others not quite yet). It seems currently changes and documentation are not quite keeping up with one another but that could only be my perception.

Take care!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (7,935)