Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
komesuke
Helper I
Helper I

How do I manage on-premise gateways?

Hello.

How do I manage on-premise gateways?
You can control your on-premises gateway settings in the PowerPlatform Management Center.

Are there any problems or dangers that can occur by not controlling this?

Love and Peace

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joe_hannes_col
Super User
Super User

Hello @komesuke,

From the Power Platform Admin Center, you can primarily control and monitor on-premises data gateways from a governance and administration perspective.

You can use these settings to restrict the creation of on-premises data gateways to specific users (Governance), and you can monitor what gateways have been set up and if they are working correctly (Administration).

If this is not a concern for you and your organization, you won't have to control the use of on-premises data gateways through the Admin Center.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
joe_hannes_col
Super User
Super User

Hello @komesuke,

From the Power Platform Admin Center, you can primarily control and monitor on-premises data gateways from a governance and administration perspective.

You can use these settings to restrict the creation of on-premises data gateways to specific users (Governance), and you can monitor what gateways have been set up and if they are working correctly (Administration).

If this is not a concern for you and your organization, you won't have to control the use of on-premises data gateways through the Admin Center.

Hello. @joe_hannes_col,

Thanks for your answer.

Are there any security issues that arise when you don't restrict/control the on-premises gateways?

Love and Peace

joe_hannes_col
Super User
Super User

Hello @komesuke,

It depends on your organization, of course. If you have potentially malicious users or concerns that data stored in on-premises systems might be abused for example, it would make sense to control the usage of the on-premises gateways.

But generally I would say that you can stick with the default settings.

Hello @joe_hannes_col

Thank you very much for your answer.
It was helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,652)