Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
komesuke
Helper I
Helper I

How do I manage on-premise gateways?

Hello.

How do I manage on-premise gateways?
You can control your on-premises gateway settings in the PowerPlatform Management Center.

Are there any problems or dangers that can occur by not controlling this?

Love and Peace

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joe_hannes_col
Super User
Super User

Hello @komesuke,

From the Power Platform Admin Center, you can primarily control and monitor on-premises data gateways from a governance and administration perspective.

You can use these settings to restrict the creation of on-premises data gateways to specific users (Governance), and you can monitor what gateways have been set up and if they are working correctly (Administration).

If this is not a concern for you and your organization, you won't have to control the use of on-premises data gateways through the Admin Center.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
joe_hannes_col
Super User
Super User

Hello @komesuke,

From the Power Platform Admin Center, you can primarily control and monitor on-premises data gateways from a governance and administration perspective.

You can use these settings to restrict the creation of on-premises data gateways to specific users (Governance), and you can monitor what gateways have been set up and if they are working correctly (Administration).

If this is not a concern for you and your organization, you won't have to control the use of on-premises data gateways through the Admin Center.

Hello. @joe_hannes_col,

Thanks for your answer.

Are there any security issues that arise when you don't restrict/control the on-premises gateways?

Love and Peace

joe_hannes_col
Super User
Super User

Hello @komesuke,

It depends on your organization, of course. If you have potentially malicious users or concerns that data stored in on-premises systems might be abused for example, it would make sense to control the usage of the on-premises gateways.

But generally I would say that you can stick with the default settings.

Hello @joe_hannes_col

Thank you very much for your answer.
It was helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,651)