cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Medoomi Advocate I
Advocate I

How do I share (non default) environment with new user

Sorry for my ignorance. I am having trouble sharing a non-default environment with User2.

I have tried admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments --> non default environment --> settings --> users --> User2

This takes me to Dynamics 365, where I click on Manage Roles, and enabled "Common Data Service User."

But still the environment is not visible to User2.

Is there some other way I need to assign roles?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
HSheild Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: How do I share (non default) environment with new user

Hi @Medoomi 

Ok, so you need to give User 2 access to the new entities that you have created through a Security Role and then give that Security Role to User 2.  The best way to do this is to copy the Common Data Service User role and then add the permissions the users need to the new entities.  Take a look at this article for steps https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/share-model-driven-app#create-or-...

-----

If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HSheild Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Medoomi 

Are you trying to share the environment so that they can build apps in the environment? If so, you need to give them the Environment Maker security role. The same way as you gave them the Common Data Service User security role.

Medoomi Advocate I
Advocate I

Thx so much @HSheild 

User2 doesn't need to edit the app, only view/enter information on the underlying CDS entities through the app.

I have successfully shared the app with User2, but the data is not visible/accessible.

Where do I enable permissions so that the data can be viewed/edited (while not granting the environment maker role)?

Highlighted
HSheild Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Medoomi 

Ok, so you need to give User 2 access to the new entities that you have created through a Security Role and then give that Security Role to User 2.  The best way to do this is to copy the Common Data Service User role and then add the permissions the users need to the new entities.  Take a look at this article for steps https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/share-model-driven-app#create-or-...

-----

If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (6,117)