cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VilPel
Helper II
Helper II

How does creating a new environment with database take up 1GB even though the database is empty?

Hello community,

I have another question regarding the environments and database capacity in Power Platform. I was wondering is it true that an environment with an empty database take up 1GB of your entire database capacity?

Should it be like this or am I doing something wrong? It feels strange to take up so much capacity by just a few clicks when creating a new environment with nothing inside it.

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @VilPel , yes, this is normal for the Dataverse database to take up around 1GB of space.  While you haven't put any data in it there is a lot of stuff going on in Dataverse (it's not just a database) behind the scenes and all of this stuff takes up space.  The database capacity isn't just measuring the data you have put into the database but everything that comes with a new Dataverse database.  Hope that makes sense.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @VilPel , yes, this is normal for the Dataverse database to take up around 1GB of space.  While you haven't put any data in it there is a lot of stuff going on in Dataverse (it's not just a database) behind the scenes and all of this stuff takes up space.  The database capacity isn't just measuring the data you have put into the database but everything that comes with a new Dataverse database.  Hope that makes sense.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,512)