cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VilPel
Helper II
Helper II

How does my tenant have 10GB database capacity by default?

Hello community,

You might find me a few times on this board today as I have a few Power Platform related questions for you! I was wandering around Power Platform admin center and found out that the amount of services and licenses contribute to the capacity of your database in your tenant. I will create a follow-up question as a separate question for this.

I am wondering how does the tenant that I work in, have 10GB of default capacity as shown in the image?

PP1.png

And when trying to open "view self-service sources" to see how is the 10GB calculated, the view is empty?

PP2.png

I'm very puzzled how does this happen and why does other tenants I'm part of have 1GB of capacity by default. Is there any other way to find out how is the default database capacity calculated? And yes, I'm a Power Platform admin.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @VilPel , I see that you have a Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plan license. This will also add 10GB capacity 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @VilPel ,

Looks like someone in your tenant has a Power Apps per User license.  When a Power Apps per User (or Dynamics 365) license is purchased your tenant automatically receives 10GB of storage capacity.  This is documented in the licensing guide 

VilPel
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @HSheild and thanks for your reply.

To my knowledge and research we do not have any Power Apps per user plan licenses (only the trial licenses). This doesn't fully answer my question yet why do we have such capacity, any more help?

Screenshot_57.png

Also, thanks for the document, I'll read it through!

HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @VilPel , I see that you have a Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plan license. This will also add 10GB capacity 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,354)