cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisajo
Frequent Visitor

How many instances of a CoE per tenant?

I have a tenant that includes multiple unique and independent business (80+). Is there supposed to be one CoE per tenant or does it make any sense to have 1 for each company? The documentation reads as if there is an assumption that there is only 1 that serves the whole tenant, and I am in agreement with that approach, but I am getting dissenting points of view from the different companies who want to have their own. So, I could use some advice, pros/cons, best practices, lessons learned, pitfalls, things to avoid, etc. to help me establish the best, manageable, secure approach that I can present to the companies in a way that makes sense to them.  

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lisajo .

The use of the COE depends on your purpose. Maybe this article and PPT can be of some help to you.

What is a Center of Excellence? Intro to Power Platform Centre of Excellence Starter Toolkit 

Sik

Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

In general the CoE Starter Kit is set-up with a tenant scope.  In theory you could install the CoE Starter kit as many times as you want but I believe each install would need its own environment. Then you would have to make some changes so that each install only ran against environments that were associated with a particular business. We have only installed the Core Components and Audit Logs so far and I can't image the extra work that would be involved to split that out by business and supporting it. If it is a reporting/dashboard issue maybe it would be simpler to create some custom reports instead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (67,444)