cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
9kMan
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to add shared powerapps in the mobile "Power Apps" app?

Hello.

I'm just about finished with a powerapp I'm making for a client, and now I'm trying to make it available for my clients users. I've managed to upload the app on their admin account and shared it back to my own user (which is a guest in their AD). That works and all, but I only get a link to the app.

What my customer is going to need is for the powerapp to show up automatically when they open the "Power Apps" app on their android device. I can' expect all the users of the app to manually import the .msapp file in the "Power Apps" app. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
9kMan
Resolver I
Resolver I

Figured it out (mostly). It works fine when sharing to interal users, it's only problematic when sharing to external users. I gave up on the external user. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
9kMan
Resolver I
Resolver I

Figured it out (mostly). It works fine when sharing to interal users, it's only problematic when sharing to external users. I gave up on the external user. 

View solution in original post

Raynok1
Helper V
Helper V

Hi There, Dont give up 🙂

This is for those who have shared apps externally with users and want those apps to show up on the users mobile device.

Here is a semi somewhat work around that you can try.

Tested on an android device

1.) Share the app as per normal process for a external user and make sure when you share it, that it will also send them a email notification.

2.) Make sure powerapps is installed on their mobile device.

3.) Advise the external user to open the email from the mobile device and select "open app". It should prompted them to either open via the browser or powerapp, Choose "Powerapps" of course.

4.) Sign in as per normal and there you go, it'll open in the powerapps mobile app.

5.) Swipe to the right to close, refresh your app list and you'll see the guest app in the list but all the other apps will disappear if there were other apps. Dont worry that's the "Odd" bit. Lets continue..

6.) On the gust app select the 3 dots or ellipses (not sure what its called) and pin the app to the home screen. 

To get back all the other apps that there might of been, close the powerapps mobile app and reopen it (not using the guest app icon on the home screen).

Play around from there.

Hope is helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,252)