cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
douglasVincent
Frequent Visitor

How to assign a per user/app/month license to a Sharepoint powerapps form

I have a custom Sharepoint Power Apps form that is currently accessed by a user with an O365 license (which includes basic powerapps connections)

The form is using an excel document connector for a lookup table; ideally i'd switch this to a SQL connection so the data is up-to-date.

The SQL connector is a premium connector, so I need to assign a Powerapps license to the form.

However I cannot find where to apply this license!

• The form doesn't appear in the list of my org's Powerapps applications (I am both the author of the app and Powerapps admin)
  • There is no option to set the license when editing the app in the file->Settings

So my question is How to assign a per user/app/month license to a Sharepoint powerapps form?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I don't think you can use the per app license with SharePoint customized forms, only with Power Apps Apps.  You can assign a per user license to the user. But per app licenses are dependent on sharing the app and there is no ability to share a customized form.  It is automatically available to any user with access to the SharePoint list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I don't think you can use the per app license with SharePoint customized forms, only with Power Apps Apps.  You can assign a per user license to the user. But per app licenses are dependent on sharing the app and there is no ability to share a customized form.  It is automatically available to any user with access to the SharePoint list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Probably correct. I had a conversation with Microsoft support, their conclusion was that the per app plan cannot be assigned to a SharePoint form created with Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,082)