cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dayu
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to calculate the API request limitations in the Power Platform?

Suppose the company bought 3 Power Apps PPU licenses, UserA created the Power Apps named Dada, the UserB accessed the Data App api like 2000 whthin 24 hours, the UserC accessed the Data App api like 3000 whthin 24 hours, then how to calculate the api request numbers and the request capacities?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @dayu,

The requests are per user.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
joe_hannes_col
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hello @dayu,

According to the documentation, any request to a connector or to Dataverse through a Power App is counted as one "Power Platform request": https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/api-request-limits-allocations#what-is-a-micro...

If I understood you correctly, your API calls could be directly translated into Power Platform requests.

So if your users are licensed with per-user plans, the requests (2,000+3,000) per 24 hours should be within the limits:

joe_hannes_col_0-1626937284153.png

dayu
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi joe,

Thanks for replying, but the 24 hours is the rolling time or the scheduled time slot from 00:00 to 23:59? And is this the tenant level, so when one user of three exceed the limitations, the whole Power Apps made app would be affected, right? (I know it's not affected when exceeding happed occasionally.)

Hello @dayu,

This is a rolling time window.

And if only one of the users regularly exceeds the limitations, this user will be disabled. The rest of the app will not be affected: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/api-request-limits-allocations#what-happens-if...

Thanks for replying, so the API limitations are tenant level or user level or app level, I'm totally confused now.

Hello @dayu,

The requests are per user.

Hi Joe,

Can I ping you in teams? Cause I cannot find the Docs or something else to clarify the API limitations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,815)