cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doffe83
Frequent Visitor

How to customize the compliance details request emails in the CoE Kit?

Hi,

In the CoE kit;  We need to translate and alter the text in the emails with compliance requests being sent to makers of apps that needs to fill out compliance details.
Does anyone know HOW to customise these emails?   
There is a flow in the CoE kit solution getting values from DataVerse. We opdated these fields with out own text - but they keep getting overvritten. Then the emails that are being sent as they are default in stead. Any experience with this? 

The header can be altered from the "admin command center" app, but thats all we found.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @Doffe83 

If you look at my screenshot you will see that I have an extra Email icon in the menu.  Looks like you don't have the latest version. 

My version of the Centre of Excellence - Core Components solution is 3.38.  If yours is the same then it could be that you have an unmanaged layer on your app (because someone in your environment has edited it).  To check and remove unmanaged layers see this article  Upgrading and extending the CoE Starter Kit - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

Doffe83
Frequent Visitor

Hi, we figured it out.  We allso have version 3.38. but needed to "publish all customizations" after making some changes on the solution to make the changes take effect. Then the app updated to the new look 🙂  Thanks for your support! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @Doffe83 

I haven't done this myself yet but I understand that you edit that emails via the Admin Command Center (which looks like you have tried).  Do you have the latest version?  The body of the email is available to edit there.  Also there looks to be a field that needs to be set to determine whether the default email body is used or not.  I assume you will need to switch that to No.

HSheild_0-1653073565890.png

Usually, the best place to get support for the CoE Starter Kit is through the Github page Issues · microsoft/coe-starter-kit (github.com).  This goes to the team building and maintaining the CoE Starter Kit, they are very responsive and fix issues quickly!

Doffe83
Frequent Visitor

Hi, thanks for your reply @HSheild.   Our kit was upgraded just a few weeks ago. The closest i can find in the "Command and Setup Center" is this; 

Doffe83_0-1653296449557.png  Any advise?   Could it be that something is not updated properly after the upgrade? 
 It does not work to change fields in DataVerse directly, they get overvritten by default values. 

HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @Doffe83 

If you look at my screenshot you will see that I have an extra Email icon in the menu.  Looks like you don't have the latest version. 

My version of the Centre of Excellence - Core Components solution is 3.38.  If yours is the same then it could be that you have an unmanaged layer on your app (because someone in your environment has edited it).  To check and remove unmanaged layers see this article  Upgrading and extending the CoE Starter Kit - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

Doffe83
Frequent Visitor

Hi, we figured it out.  We allso have version 3.38. but needed to "publish all customizations" after making some changes on the solution to make the changes take effect. Then the app updated to the new look 🙂  Thanks for your support! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,759)