cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max81
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

How to deactivate "Power Apps (Preview)" in Teams

I don't want that the users in my tenant create Apps directly in Teams. (Projekt Oaktdale).

But, it should be possible to add already created standalone Canvas Apps in a Teams Tab.

I followed this description https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-app-permission-policies and I found this:

Whats the difference between this both?

Microsoft Teams Admin CenterMicrosoft Teams Admin Center

3 REPLIES 3
FilipeRelvas
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @max81 ,

From what I could gather, the first App that you see there is the main app that you use to setup PowerApps in teams.

Let me give you an example:

FilipeRelvas_0-1601053896550.png

As you can see the block on the right refers to the first one that you have i.e. any PowerApps published by Microsoft will be blocked.

The second entry in your case refers to apps shared by other that are also first party apps.

This will block any attempts of Apps developed by Microsoft and shared between users to be used within Teams.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Best regards,

Filipe Relvas

Plinderoth
Frequent Visitor

I just noticed that it is not enough to blocked the Power Apps app in Teams to stop your users from creating Project Oakdale environments. The apps Inspection, Employee Ideas and Issue Reporting (all published by Microsoft) are all creating such an environment if you add them to a team. We had five new environments in our tenant this morning even if the Power Apps app was blocked. 😠

@FilipeRelvas : Thanks for your answer. I could not test it, because we deactivated both Power Apps things in Teams.

As far as we don't really know how it works, what the benefits are and how all the API requests are handled (or how many we are already using today), we don't allow uses to "play around".

I'm really unsatisfied how Microsoft handles its customers here...

@Plinderoth : 😱😠😭

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (90,253)