cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratnesh2927

How to find current api consumed count in Power Automate & Powerapps

Hello,

I am new to Power App and need to understand about licensing limits defined by Microsoft.  I was looking for Office licenses(that include Power Apps/Power Automate)4, as per some of blogs there are limit of 2000 API request per 24 hrs per user. 

I need to know a way how to track the numbers of API calls performed in a day by each user.

Also need to know what exactly does a API call means. For example, If I am connecting to a SharePoint site/Create or get item from a SharePoint list/sending email through outlook etc each have a API call.

Regards,

Ratnesh 

4 REPLIES 4
summitb
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Ratnesh2927 ,

For a single flow I believe it is not possible to check directly, you would need to make some calculation perhaps. But on the Analytics --> PowerAutomate you will have 3 sections that could help you.

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/analytics/flow

Runs, Usage and Connectors would be the most informational ones, but again you would be able to see the number of API calls related directly with a Flow, but you can see how many times the Flow ran, number of calls made by connector and so on.

MarkPP
Helper II
Helper II

Just to add that actions such as initialising variables also counts towards the API call limit. Therefore you have to think really carefully when building your flows. If you go over the limit by a small amount you will find some degradation in the performance of the flows. The more you go over the slower they get. Microsoft also now turn off the flows if you regularly go over the limit.

There is also the possibility to download a report of you user requests described here:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/api-request-limits-allocations#view-detailed-...

My client asked me to check if we could set alerts, based on the overall consumed quantity for their service account. 

Does someone knows how to grab those information automatically?

There is no way currently to get the data other than through manually downloading the reports from Power Platform Admin Center. Aside from building a Power Automate Desktop bot to automate this UI level task with RPA.😆

Let's hope that Microsoft introduces more ways for consuming the data (via API, Data Lake export) once the feature reaches general availability. We need to keep in mind that they've promised not to enforce the API call limits yet:

"Any possible high usage enforcement won't happen until six months after Power Platform Request usage reporting has been generally available in the Power Platform Admin Center."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (21,926)