cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snaefellnes
Helper II
Helper II

How to get a list of users and their powerApps plan?

Greetings everyone,

I would like to list all our users having either :

Power Apps for Dynamics 365
Power Apps for Office 365

Similar to what I can get with this powershell command, which will display all users still on a trial license:

Get-MsolUser -All | SORT-OBJECT DisplayName | Where-Object {($_.licenses).AccountSkuId -match "POWERAPPS_VIRAL"} | ft

I can get a list of users on Entreprise E1 and E3 by replacing the "POWERAPPS_VIRAL" code but don't see how I can isolate specifically those who have a powerApps plan activated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found a script that exports what I am looking for:

https://o365reports.com/2018/12/14/export-office-365-user-license-report-powershell/

it creates two csvs file with licenses per user and the services.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Go to admin.powerapps.com or admin.flow.com to get a list of licensed users for power apps and power automate

Thanks for the quick reply.

However I do not see their plans, either because I have limited access to the administration or it is not possible from that screen. I seems also that this user lists is for CDS users (we have on ongoing implementation of D365 for Sales by a vendor); I am missing several users who are on a PowerApps for Office365 license. Again it may be  misinterpretation on my behalf of the admin center tool.

Maybe I can give more context to add some perspectives on my question. I am a developper and am sharing a canvas app with users. The administrators switch the license to an Office 365 for the users I am sharing the app for the first time. However we got some lagging in licenses activation and found some users had not been switched - but were not showing up as a trial license. So I'd like to get a clear list of users and their plans so I can help sysadmins get quickly going.

Thanks!

I found a script that exports what I am looking for:

https://o365reports.com/2018/12/14/export-office-365-user-license-report-powershell/

it creates two csvs file with licenses per user and the services.

View solution in original post

It's definitely possible, but if you don't see the Tenant option, you don't have the appropriate security to view this information. You need to either have the global admin or power platform service admin role in Microsoft 365. If you don't have this, ask the admin to go there and download it for you. 

users.png

Thanks for the specification, you are right, I do not see the tenant submenu.

I will pass this info to the administrators though.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,545)