cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinav
Community Champion
Community Champion

How to turn app off temporarily? **URGENT**

I need to turn off certain apps due to a serious server overload issue after an SQL upgrade.  I know you can 'turn on/off' a flow, what about an app?

Thanks,

Rod

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @martinav,

Model-Driven Apps can be Deactivated via the maker portal. 

For Canvas Apps, there is no deactivate option unfortunately, so your best bet would be to modify the app permissions so that only yourself/admins can access it.

For an On-Premise Data Gateway, you can similarly modify the permissions so only admins have access. The other option is to stop and disable the Gateway service on your servers where the gateway is installed.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martinav
Community Champion
Community Champion

Actually, is there a way to disable the on-prem gateway, in a way that it wont break all of the connectors when you need to turn it back on?

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @martinav,

Model-Driven Apps can be Deactivated via the maker portal. 

For Canvas Apps, there is no deactivate option unfortunately, so your best bet would be to modify the app permissions so that only yourself/admins can access it.

For an On-Premise Data Gateway, you can similarly modify the permissions so only admins have access. The other option is to stop and disable the Gateway service on your servers where the gateway is installed.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

YES!!  Finally... stopping the On-premises data gateway service did the trick.  Thank y ou!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,888)