cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinav
Super User
Super User

How to turn app off temporarily? **URGENT**

I need to turn off certain apps due to a serious server overload issue after an SQL upgrade.  I know you can 'turn on/off' a flow, what about an app?

Thanks,

Rod

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @martinav,

Model-Driven Apps can be Deactivated via the maker portal. 

For Canvas Apps, there is no deactivate option unfortunately, so your best bet would be to modify the app permissions so that only yourself/admins can access it.

For an On-Premise Data Gateway, you can similarly modify the permissions so only admins have access. The other option is to stop and disable the Gateway service on your servers where the gateway is installed.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martinav
Super User
Super User

Actually, is there a way to disable the on-prem gateway, in a way that it wont break all of the connectors when you need to turn it back on?

ChrisPiasecki
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @martinav,

Model-Driven Apps can be Deactivated via the maker portal. 

For Canvas Apps, there is no deactivate option unfortunately, so your best bet would be to modify the app permissions so that only yourself/admins can access it.

For an On-Premise Data Gateway, you can similarly modify the permissions so only admins have access. The other option is to stop and disable the Gateway service on your servers where the gateway is installed.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

YES!!  Finally... stopping the On-premises data gateway service did the trick.  Thank y ou!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (1,663)