cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Importing solution fails as it requires the "Active" solution - Urgent

Hi guys,

I am trying to import my solution from dev environment to production. Previously, I didn't have any problem with this action, but now I get the following error:

lachiee1_0-1599814338977.jpeg

I assume, this "Active" solution must be some internal solution, as I couldn't find it in any of my environments. 

Additional info: this solution requires integration with Business Central, however, I solved these dependency issues (it requires then the solutions "MicrosoftDynamicsNavIntegration" and "bcbi_CdsBaseIntegration", which are already there).
Furthermore, the solution includes the Dynamics Customer Service Hub as well.

Edit: by testing it with a dummy solution, I face the same error if the Dynamics Customer Service Hub is included in the solution, but without that app, it works.

Thank you for any input! It is kind of urgent now!:)
Have a great day,
Laci

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Importing solution fails as it requires the "Active" solution - Urgent

Scrub that previous post. There is an issue in the Import routine of Make.powerapps.com which shows that you have an error with the Active Solution without telling you what the actual issue is - which is likely to be a missing dependency in your solution.

To identify the issue - you need to start off at the old All solutions page in the advanced settings so orgxxx.crmyy.dynamics.com/main.aspx?settingsonly=true and kick off the import from there. That will bring up the actual issue in a way that can be fixed.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately, I got there the same message, but in different formulation, i.e. "The following components are missing in your system and are not included in the solution. Import the managed solutions that contain these components (Active) and then try importing this solution again."

I found another thread with this message, but there was no real solution found. 

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

As I said before the way to identify the issue is to use the old solution import routine within Dynamics 365 advanced settings - I did that yesterday to resolve the issue we had importing a solution.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Given that I'm seeing other people with the same problem I've added a blogpost about it at https://www.processpower.dev/how-to-install-a-powerapp-solution-when-the-active-solution-is-missing/

---
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I had this issue with a solution that contained only Power Automate flows. To solve this I exported the solution from the Classic interface. This then told me that there were missing dependencies in the solution and what they were, it also told me that I could add the dependencies in the solution by editing the solution (in Classic mode) and using the "Add required components" button 

tchagan_0-1602402820925.png

I did this for each Flow in the solution, saved the solution then exported it, there were no issues on the export. I then imported into another environment successfully.

regards

Terry

---

please mark as solution if this has met your requirements

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (3,594)