cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Inventy_1984

Individual authorization for data items or for requests

Hello together,

I've built an app with which we can submit requests for personnel requests, which then have to be approved. 

The problem is that everyone can currently access the app or see the items, but only the one who request should see his data set. 

Is it possible to restrict the datathat only the creator can see it?

The database is a SharePoint list.

Br

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

On the app side if you are using a gallery you can add a filter to show only the items that were created by the logged in user. However this isn't security, it is obscurity because the someone could go directly to SharePoint and see the data. If you implement real security on the SharePoint side then the SharePoint list and the app would only show the items the user has access to. There are a couple of settings in the list settings advanced settings page that could help without having to break inheritance on every item. 

Settings : Advanced Settings > Item-level Permissions

Read access: Specify which items users are allowed to read

• Read all items
  • Read items that were created by the user

Create and Edit access: Specify which items users are allowed to create and edit

• Create and edit all items
  • Create items and edit items that were created by the user
  • None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

On the app side if you are using a gallery you can add a filter to show only the items that were created by the logged in user. However this isn't security, it is obscurity because the someone could go directly to SharePoint and see the data. If you implement real security on the SharePoint side then the SharePoint list and the app would only show the items the user has access to. There are a couple of settings in the list settings advanced settings page that could help without having to break inheritance on every item. 

Settings : Advanced Settings > Item-level Permissions

Read access: Specify which items users are allowed to read

• Read all items
  • Read items that were created by the user

Create and Edit access: Specify which items users are allowed to create and edit

• Create and edit all items
  • Create items and edit items that were created by the user
  • None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Inventy_1984

Hi Super User ,

Unfortunately, I was absent due to sickness, so it wasn´t possible to answer earlier. Many thanks for your fast and super support. That will help me a lot with my implementation. I was afraid that it wouldn't work at all 🙂

Br and have a nice week start

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (72,115)