cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BKOrange
Frequent Visitor

Insight on what this might cost, or what plans are required to achieve this? I think I need login capacity? But which one?

Hi everyone!

I can conquer coding challenges in canvas apps, but trying to figure out pricing and plans always makes me feel a bit stupid. Apologies if this is in the wrong area of this forum. Hoping someone with more experience can give insight on what plans would be required for what I would like to do. I think I need login capacity, but which one?

Scenario:

We've built an employee management and scheduling app, and I'm trying to find an elegant way where employees can easily submit their availability on upcoming events (via a form), and eventually see their schedule.  Our current solution using Microsoft Forms with the canvas app is clunky, and requires me to either hardcode a flow to each form as it's created, or play with copy/paste/split functions, or manually connect the data once all responses are submitted.  So my goal is to build a canvas 'form' app that I can make do exactly what we need and reduce human error, and allow access for 500+ employees to use a canvas app through a weblink to both respond and see their schedule. 

What capacity plan is required to allow 500+ guest accounts to briefly (5-10 mins a day max) use the app? 

There are some solutions I've built that make sense to purchase powerapp per app plans to assign for guests. In this case it would be a ridiculous cost for the amount of employees that we see (we work in a stadium). So I'm hoping one of the add-on capacity plans is designed for such needs. 

Any insight is appreciated. 

Cheers!

BK

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @BKOrange,

I take since these employees are considered "guests", they do not have any Microsoft 365 licensing?

A couple options:

• Power Apps Portals with authenticated login capacity. You get these in packs of 100 logins/month. Now you'll need to figure out how many peak daily users you'll have in order to figure out the appropriate amount of packs. This will likely require some trial and error so best to start small and add packs if you're exceeding your quota. Note that once you hit 500 logins you should just purchase 1000 because the price is cut in half at the next price tier.
  • If your users already have Microsoft 365 licenses then they get entitlements to Power Apps without additional cost as long as you're using standard connectors.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @BKOrange,

Wondering if the above information was helpful or if you were able to find the answer you were looking for?

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,876)