Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmployeeOcta
Helper III
Helper III

Issue while outlook app

Hi All,

I am getting an error as below.

"We are unable to show Dynamics 365 App for Outlook because current user role does not have required permissions. Please contact your administrator to have Dynamics 365 App for Outlook User security role assigned to you".

I have OOB Basic Role assigned to user but in outlook this above issue comes.

If i go and assign  Dynamics 365 App for Outlook User security role then it works.

my point here is that what could be the basic difference since i need to use only one security role rather than maintaining multiple security .

may be i am wrong with question but i need to know if there is any possibility  of avoiding multiple security role.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EmployeeOcta
Helper III
Helper III

4 REPLIES 4
EmployeeOcta
Helper III
Helper III

in the errorlog i am finding "Don't have permissions to retrieve AppforOutlookModule id".

also

"componentName": "UnifiedClientLoader",
"state": "Failed" 

Hi @EmployeeOcta,

Glad that you could resolve this by assigning the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook User security role.

Multiplexing setup doesn't reduce the number of licenses required to access Dynamics 365 apps.

This error appears if your Dynamics 365 security role does not have access to the app module used by the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook.

How to deploy Dynamics 365 App for Outlook | Microsoft Docs

Custom security roles do not have access to the Dynamics 365 app module by default. The steps in the article referenced above are required.

Refer to the following documentation for the required privileges to use the App for Outlook:

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4563997

Best Regards,
Qi

Hello Friends,

I have multiple times check above two url and as per my knowledge and understanding everything is same as expected.

except for if read privilege to be given organization level or user level privilege .

currently i am giving read level privilege at user level for other entities and for model driven app module it is organization level.

this is causing a big issue for me .

Request Microsoft to help in this.

EmployeeOcta
Helper III
Helper III

Hey Guys,

I have followed below url and it worked for me.

https://mydynamics365tips.wordpress.com/2018/11/06/unable-to-show-dynamics-365-app-for-outlook/

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,189)