cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kellysolutions1

Licencing for small businesses using Microsoft 365 Basic and Standard

We would like to use Flow and Apps, but we think licencing will make it too expensive. 

I know others have asked this general question, but I would like to ask about our specific scenario.

1. We have an on premise SQL Server - so that means a premium connector. It is impractical to push the data we need to SharePoint.

2. Our users have a mixture of MS 365 Basic and MS 365 Standard licences.
3. We would like to build a small number of Flows and or Apps.

4. There is  only one 'builder' and a variable number of 'consumers' / users.

5. I have been told that I will need a Premium licence per user or a Flow App licence (min 5).

6. But if you read the licencing guide, it specifically speaks about a licence to build.
7. So, do I only need Premium for the builder or creator and the users can rely on their MS 365 licences?

Thank you,

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

If a user is using a flow or power app that uses a premium connector then the user needs the premium. There are per user licenses or per app licenses. If you are only going to have few apps that will need the premium connectors then it might be cheaper to go with the per app license. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you Jeff.

It would be nice to automate what we are doing, but at the current costs, I don't see it as feasible.

I think I will still sign up for the trial to get an idea about the products capability.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,430)