cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenDobbs

License confusion

Hi,

I’m wondering if someone can help clear up some confusion we’re having.

We’ve built an app using a premium connector (SQL via on premise data gateway).

We then purchased 3 per app passes to test it. This worked as expected. Without the passes the app won’t work and with them it works. However the passes don’t appear to be consumed; eg many more users have been able to connect. Can anyone explain what might be happening?

All users do already have Office 365 A1 licenses but I believe that only includes standard connector power apps.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Per app passes get assigned to users when they access the app after sharing.  The fact that your users are able to use the app doesn't guarantee that they are legally licensed. If you exceed your per app license count the app should let you know that, but its not guaranteed.  Each user that uses an app with a premium connection should have either a per user or per app license assigned to them.  An A1 license isn't enough.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Per app passes get assigned to users when they access the app after sharing.  The fact that your users are able to use the app doesn't guarantee that they are legally licensed. If you exceed your per app license count the app should let you know that, but its not guaranteed.  Each user that uses an app with a premium connection should have either a per user or per app license assigned to them.  An A1 license isn't enough.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,081)