cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shazna
Frequent Visitor

License required for guest users to edit power apps

Hi, 

I'm curious about the licencing requirements for a guest user who wants to edit (canvas) apps created in a specific environment (not in the default env). Is it necessary to create a work account in our tenant (the tenant hosting the app) to grant permissions to edit the canvas PowerApps, or assigning an appropriate license to the guest user will give sufficient access to the guest to support us with editing the app? 

Thanks in advance for your time answering this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Guest users can't currently edit apps in another tenant, they can only run them.  So for a guest user to edit an app in a specific tenant they would need to have both an account and a license from your tenant.  They can run an app that is shared with them as a B2B user with a license from either tenant, but they cannot edit.  For that they need to be logged in as a user in your tenant with a license from your tenant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Guest users can't currently edit apps in another tenant, they can only run them.  So for a guest user to edit an app in a specific tenant they would need to have both an account and a license from your tenant.  They can run an app that is shared with them as a B2B user with a license from either tenant, but they cannot edit.  For that they need to be logged in as a user in your tenant with a license from your tenant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Shazna
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @Pstork1 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,923)