cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Licensing for external website connecting to CDS

Hi

I have a scenario where a client wants to hook their CDS up to WordPress to expose some event details to customers and get them to RSVP plus capture other info.  Reading the Power Platform licensing guide it sounds like all of their customers that use the WordPress website to see the event details and RSVP will need to have a Power Apps license.  Am I correct about this?

I understand that the Power Apps portals would be the intended solution for this scenario but my client is a small business and finds the Power Apps portals license too costly when all we want to do is something very simple - 2 web pages.  Compare a NZ$15 per-month hosting license for WordPress vs NZ$150 for Power Apps Portal.  I know that this comparison is not fair since the Power Apps Portal gives access to CDS and all the other wonders of the Power Platform - you don't get that with WordPress.  I do wonder if Power Platform is right for my client if they want a low cost solution with a customer facing component.

Does anyone else have thoughts or comments around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Licensing for external website connecting to CDS

Hi @HSheild 

Yes, you are right, all users that you want to be able to use the CDS features or information from CDS will need a valid license, a previous Plan 1 or Plan 2 are required or the newly added Per-App or Per User plans: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Best Regards,

--

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions help users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Licensing for external website connecting to CDS

Hi @HSheild 

Yes, you are right, all users that you want to be able to use the CDS features or information from CDS will need a valid license, a previous Plan 1 or Plan 2 are required or the newly added Per-App or Per User plans: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Best Regards,

--

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions help users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (4,298)