cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Braaank
Frequent Visitor

Manage connections as guest user

Hi,

I'm making some tests in a PowerApps environment with guest users. Everything shared correctly, but I was wondering how a guest user can manage their Power Platform connections? Take for instance that when a guest user access to the app for the first time it will require to accept the connections (and log in if necesary), what if the user want to switch the account of any of those connections?

I am talking about this area:

Braaank_0-1657625707541.png

If this same user has access to other tenant (as a guest user) how is it possible to manage these connections? (Also, it doesn't let me change environment in Power Apps as there are no other environment than the default one of the user's organization)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pcedan
Frequent Visitor

I haven't found a method to accomplish this via UI, however I did find a method using PowerShell.

Open Powershell and run this command to install the PowerApps Admin module

Install-Module -Name Microsoft.PowerApps.Administration.PowerShell

Then run this command to list all connections for a user (enter their email address).  

Get-AdminPowerAppConnection -CreatedBy "email@address.com"

Find the connection you want to remove, then run this command.  It will ask for three parameters, which you can copy/paste based on the connection you located above:

Remove-AdminPowerAppConnection

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pcedan
Frequent Visitor

Any updates on this? I am running into the same issue.

I didn't find a way to do this, I hope someone can throw some light on this issue.

pcedan
Frequent Visitor

I haven't found a method to accomplish this via UI, however I did find a method using PowerShell.

Open Powershell and run this command to install the PowerApps Admin module

Install-Module -Name Microsoft.PowerApps.Administration.PowerShell

Then run this command to list all connections for a user (enter their email address).  

Get-AdminPowerAppConnection -CreatedBy "email@address.com"

Find the connection you want to remove, then run this command.  It will ask for three parameters, which you can copy/paste based on the connection you located above:

pcedan
Frequent Visitor

I should mention, my method above is only to Remove an existing connection (my guest users entered an incorrect value when setting up the connection).  

PS Module doesn't appear to have a method to Create a new connection using Powershell.  But, you could at least remove their existing connection, then it will prompt them to create a new connection on next app launch (may need to refresh once or twice)

This is pretty interesting, I forgot completely to check the possibility to make this using PowerShell.

I put the articles link for someone that would like to check about how to use those:

Get-AdminPowerAppConnection 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (3,711)