cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sasukar

Microsoft 365 E5 PowerApps Rant

I think I just got lead on by Microsoft...

I am able to create a blank Canvas PowerApps and connect it to my SharePoint site. I thought everything was going well because I spent several hours building the app out.

And then I tried to open this app (not in the editor) and boom I get "You need a current plan or trial to use Power Apps." Why on EARTH does PowerApps lead me on to believe that I have a license for PowerApps because I can create an App and then pull it out from me right at the last moment when I try to actually open the app. 

Please tell me I'm wrong and that since I could create an app that I could also share and open the app as well. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joe_hannes_col
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hello @sasukar,

There could be multiple reasons for Power Apps asking you for a license:

• You may not have the proper license for creating apps with standard connectors, e.g. because an admin removed the license from your account through the Office Admin portal. However, since you were able to create the app, I doubt this is the cause.
  • Your app may actually require a premium connector. You can check this by viewing your canvas app's detail screen:
    joe_hannes_col_0-1628757466252.png
  • Most likely, in my opinion: I've seen a bug where users were asked for a license even though they were properly licensed, e.g. through Office 365. If I recall correctly, signing up for the trial solved the problem. However, I couldn't find any information in the Microsoft FAQs, so maybe this issue has been resolved.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
joe_hannes_col
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hello @sasukar,

There could be multiple reasons for Power Apps asking you for a license:

• You may not have the proper license for creating apps with standard connectors, e.g. because an admin removed the license from your account through the Office Admin portal. However, since you were able to create the app, I doubt this is the cause.
  • Your app may actually require a premium connector. You can check this by viewing your canvas app's detail screen:
    joe_hannes_col_0-1628757466252.png
  • Most likely, in my opinion: I've seen a bug where users were asked for a license even though they were properly licensed, e.g. through Office 365. If I recall correctly, signing up for the trial solved the problem. However, I couldn't find any information in the Microsoft FAQs, so maybe this issue has been resolved.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,946)