cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marine_adz
Frequent Visitor

Minimum permission for maker portal

What are the minimum permissions for access to the maker.powerapps.com portal?

We are due to have a Power BI developer, who will have read access to a wide range of entities, but we need them to be able to explore the underlying tables, option sets, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @marine_adz ,

You'll need to grant the user the System Customizer role to be able to see all customizations/metadata for tables, option sets, etc. Note that this will give them the ability to change customizations however. If you want to protect the source environment from any modification, you can export a (managed) solution with all the relevant metadata that you want to give them access to, then import the solution into another Dataverse environment (recommend creating a new temporary one to not impact your other environments). 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @marine_adz ,

You'll need to grant the user the System Customizer role to be able to see all customizations/metadata for tables, option sets, etc. Note that this will give them the ability to change customizations however. If you want to protect the source environment from any modification, you can export a (managed) solution with all the relevant metadata that you want to give them access to, then import the solution into another Dataverse environment (recommend creating a new temporary one to not impact your other environments). 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (70,901)