cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Zwickl
Level: Powered On

Modal Driven App Security - Dual Write

I have a model app that contains a form linked to a CDS data entity. The CDS data entity is connected to a D365 F&O instance via the dual write functionality. When I try to edit and save data in the form, I receive the error message "User xxx is not assigned the Dual write sync process security role. Only the dual write application user may be assigned this role, and only that application user may write data to this entity. 

I tried assigning the role Dual Write Sync Process role to myself in the CDS environment under the security settings in the Power Platform Admin Center. I received this error message: "The dual write sync process role may only be assigned to the dual write application user from Finance and Operations".

Any suggestions on how to make this work?

4 REPLIES 4
Satish-Reddy
Level 8

Re: Modal Driven App Security - Dual Write

Have you created an application user in CDS? If not, you need to create a new user with Application ID  "00000015-0000-0000-c000-000000000000" which represents F&O application.

Also, give the user Admin credentials.   You can follow the attached document.

dual.png

Please mark it as answer if my post helps.

Thanks
Satish Reddy
https://pascalcase.com

Zwickl

Hi,

In checking the CDS environment, I see an application user has been created with the Application ID  "00000015-0000-0000-c000-000000000000". The application user has System Admin rights set.

Capture.JPG

Satish-Reddy
Level 8

Long shot but can you assign Dual Write Sync Process role to the application user and try? 

If that does not work, then maybe login with the application user and try? 

Zwickl

Hi,

The application user appears to already have the dual write sync process role assigned to it. Unsure what you mean by "login with the application user". My understanding is that the application user created in the CDS environment is what allows F&O (The application) to connect to CDS. 

The documentation provided appears to describe configuration of a dual write connection between D365 F&O to D365 Sales. Maybe an individual user cannot use dual write functionality?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (7,847)