cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillYoung-arm Helper II
Helper II

Model driven apps visible to all users

Our default environment users see a variety of other owners Model driven apps under their Your Apps/All Apps view, although they seem unable to Play them.

I created one myself which also shows up. Canvas apps need to be specifically shared. How do I hide these, such that a user who has never created an app or had one shared sees a blank list?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Model driven apps visible to all users

Hi @BillYoung-arm ,

The reason why you met this problem is that you create the apps in default environment.

A single default environment is automatically created by PowerApps for each tenant and shared by all users in that tenant.

Whenever a new user signs up for PowerApps, they are automatically added to the Maker role of the default environment. 

To sum up, default environment is a public space and everyone in your tenant could view all apps by default in this environment.

So to solve this problem, I suggest you create a new environment that only belongs to you.

Then, only give the people that you want the permission of viewing your apps.

Here's a doc about environment for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/environments-overview

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
BillYoung-arm Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for the reply 

I have created Dev, Test and Production environments

"everyone in your tenant could view all apps by default in this environment" seems only to apply to Model-driven apps, not Canvas apps, which is why we have multiple OrgBrowsers showing up

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BillYoung-arm ,

Have you solved your problems?

Do you have any other problems?

If your issue has been solved, could you mark my solution as answer?

Thanks!

Bets regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BillYoung-arm Helper II
Helper II

Thanks again Phoebe

I was planning to give it a few days in the hope that someone might suggest a way of hiding the default canvas apps from all our users, as I think it confuses matters.

Can you confirm my understanding that:

"everyone in your tenant could view all apps by default in this environment" only applies to Model-driven apps?

Otherwise, I'm happy to mark this as answered accordingly

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Users online (8,176)